Liberal practices Environmental Stewardship across all projects. We also strive to minimize our carbon footprint.
Being good stewards, we look for ways to:
- Reduce transportation which reduces greenhouse gas emissions by procuring goods locally, installing batch plants on-site, hiring local personnel, and housing our teams at or near the work site
- Implement controls to reduce idling vehicles and equipment, which reduces CO2 emissions
- Identify energy saving products and use techniques that conserve water
- Implement responsible waste management plans and recycle/reuse
- Practice the “measure twice, cut once” rule on our construction and facilities O&M projects to reduce waste at the source
- Protect the surrounding natural environment and when a job is complete, restore the environment to the beginning state
- Implement protocols, training, and best practices to mitigate HAZMAT and POL spills or misuse that could be detrimental to humans, floral, and wild life
- Reward personnel for good practices and good environmental stewardship
“We protect nature not for nature’s sake but for our own sake because it’s the infrastructure of our communities.”
– Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.